Unanswered: How to stop cube from aggregating product prize?

I'm a total newbie to Microsoft SQL Server 2008 tasked with helping out a friend doing her homework for university. I've built a cube which has all the measures and dimensions I want, unfortunately the numbers are off: the product prize is aggregated then rather simply being fetched from the underlying oledb destination file in the data warehouse. So if product x costs 10 USD and has been purchased 3 times in a certain month by a customer, the cube shows a product prize of 30 USD. I've switched the measure's usage from SUM to no aggregations but I still don't get the simple value list without aggregation. Why is this happening?

Provided Answers: 5
    try looking into group by clause and what sets you want summed
    Dave

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you're getting at. I don't want to group by anything (at least not at this stage). I simply want the cube to list the value of the cell. So if the tupel looks like this

customer#|product#|product prize|amount purchased|transactions per month|date of purchase

I want the cube to list the value of product prize as is written there. This is what happens with amount purchased, so why not with product prize?

Provided Answers: 54
    I'm not clear on what you're trying to accomplish. The purchase price is a measure, so it ought to be aggregated. If you are trying to treat the price as a dimensional attribute, you're going to need to re-think your cube. If you want an atomic measure, then the question becomes "which one".

For now, I'd suggest that you use an average price but be careful because that might not always do what you want. Multidimensional information gets kind of kinky until you get your head around in properly.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Yeah, it would appear that being a newbie I'm quite lacking in the wrapping my head around category Gonna ask the tutor on Monday to see if our cube is on the right track.