Unanswered: Can someone please help me make a database in Access?

Please my assignment is due Nov 8th and I havent even started it !

Provided Answers: 14
    Without any kind of explanation about what you're supposed to set up, I seriously doubt that anyone will be able to help you !
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    Without any kind of explanation about what you're supposed to set up, I seriously doubt that anyone will be able to help you !
    Hey sorry, I was frantic. Anyways I'm in Database Design and Development, we have to make ERD's in Access and Visio. We have to take this big long paragraph about a simulated Fitness Club and make tables and a database for them. Like I kind of understand but, it's so touchy and you can either be all right or all wrong. My issue is I never know how many tables to create. And I make like so many entities. Is there a trick to it? Please let me know. I turned in what I had but, it was just the first phase.

1. First determine the pieces of information the database must handle (name & type)
    2. See which these pieces of information are directly dependent on each other (e.g. [FirstName], [LastName], [Gender] and [DateOfBirth] pertain to a single entity). This will help you design the structure of the table(s) you will need.
    3. Once you have determined the structure of the tables, determine how these tables are related (if they are). This will help you to define the relationships and the integrity constraints.
    4. Test your model, enter some sample data into the tables then use the wizards to build a sketch of the interface.

See also: http://r937.com/relational.html
    Have a nice day!

Thumbs up Thanks.

Thank you so much for your help! I thought no one would respond to me whatsoever. I figured who really uses these sites. Lol. But, anyways that did help me understand a bit better. I have never tried to test them before so I am going to try that. Later today when I get back on my laptop I will screen shot what my final product looked like in Access so you can look at it and tell me if it looks okay or not. I mean I will test it as well. But, as an extra measure just so you can see it I will post it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    1. First determine the pieces of information the database must handle (name & type)
    2. See which these pieces of information are directly dependent on each other (e.g. [FirstName], [LastName], [Gender] and [DateOfBirth] pertain to a single entity). This will help you design the structure of the table(s) you will need.
    3. Once you have determined the structure of the tables, determine how these tables are related (if they are). This will help you to define the relationships and the integrity constraints.
    4. Test your model, enter some sample data into the tables then use the wizards to build a sketch of the interface.

See also: http://r937.com/relational.html

Hey thank you! That did help it make sense to me a little more. I am going to try to plug data into them and see if that helps. Thanks. I'm glad people respond quickly here. You are a life saver. <3

You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!