Barclays seeks a Data Scientist to join their team in Johannesburg, South Africa!
At Barclays, our goals revolve around helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way – and that’s what makes this such a great place to work. Here, you’ll be part of an organisation with a clear vision and strong shared values, where you’ll always be recognised and rewarded for your contributions.
As a Barclays Data Scientist, you’ll join a dynamic team that understands the artistry behind the science of data.
We’ll rely on you to look beyond the ones and zeroes to find meaningful, human insights into our products, services and processes. Put simply, it’s all about making sure people are always at the heart of our data strategy.
To make that happen, you’ll be surrounded by some of the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable colleagues in the business, as well as all the tools, training and opportunities you need to develop your career in a way that’s right for you.
1.1 Key responsibilities:
• Building relationships with people across the business to provide authoritative technical advice, acting as a trusted expert in your area
• Designing, developing and implementing frameworks that will support us in making more intelligent business decisions
• Analysing complex data to assess our business challenges, identify their root causes and design effective solutions
• Taking a customer-driven approach to improvement, constantly driving a better and more efficient banking experience
• Creatively presenting data in a meaningful way, influencing senior colleagues with limited technical knowledge to drive improvement
1.2 Experience required
• Ideally, experience in a technical or analytics tech industry role
1.3 Skills and Qualifications:
• A technical degree in a relevant discipline (statistics, computer science, physics, engineering)
• Programming expertise across multiple platforms, especially Python or open-source software
• An excellent understanding of data mapping/modelling
• The confidence to create relatable stories using large quantities of information