Apply now to work for Barclays as a Senior Decision Analyst in Johannesburg
At Barclays, our goals revolve around helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way – and that’s what makes this such a great place to work. Here, you’ll be part of an organisation with a clear vision and strong shared values, where you’ll always be recognised and rewarded for your contributions.
As a Barclays Senior Decision analyst, you’ll play a leading role in a dynamic team that understands the artistry behind the science of data.
We’ll rely on you to look beyond the ones and zeroes to find meaningful, human insights into our products, services and processes. Engaging with customers, you’ll think creatively to solve business problems and implement your innovative vision to improve our customers’ experience.
To make that happen, you’ll be surrounded by some of the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable colleagues in the business, as well as all the tools, training and opportunities you need to take your career even further – in a way that’s right for you.
• Using innovative data analysis tools to deliver a retail and business banking strategy that always puts our customers first
• Acting as ambassador for your area, influencing and advising senior leaders across the business to enhance our overall performance
• Leading in the analysis of complex information to understand our customers’ unique needs and ambitions, while constantly searching for promising emerging technologies to enhance our current capabilities
• Using your expertise to develop and present creative solutions to potential risks and issues – challenging existing processes where necessary to make meaningful changes
• Developing and coaching colleagues across the business, ensuring your people always have the technical skills, knowledge and opportunities to meet their full potential
• Extensive analytic leadership experience, preferably developed within a digital, telco, finance or customer-focussed industry
• A proven record of creating customer segmentation and behavioural models, developing and delivering useful data through campaign management tools
Skills and Qualifications:
• A practical knowledge of data warehouse and management information practices and principles
• Strong commercial skills, and the ability to drive value by creating compelling, customer-driven analyses
• A degree in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering
• A passion for data outside of work, with a drive to explore new technology
• A team player with ability to self motivate
• Some SAS knowledge is beneficial