Question Unanswered: Knowledges of PL/SQL developers

Hi all. What should know a pl/sql developer(junior/middle)?
    I'm working at PL/SQL developer position is 1.5 year and I think that I have not many(and expert) knowledges of database development and so not able to doing more important and more expert tasks. Please, help me.

Provided Answers: 4
    Which Oracle database do you use? This is the 10g R2 documentation homepage (yes, I know, we're on 12c already). I like that page because it is nicely divided into several sections. Under the "Most Popular", read & learn two books:
    - Application Developer's Guide - Fundamentals
    - PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference
    They cover all you want to know about programming in PL/SQL. Of course, feel free to read similar books which cover YOUR Oracle database version.

Moreover, if you have a job to do but can't do it as you don't have the knowledge, then
    • identify the problem, i.e. what is the name of stuff that prevents you from doing that job. For example, you think that it should be done "in a loop"
    • As you don't know anything about loops in PL/SQL, you'll Google for that term and get a result, such as this
    • Research loops
    • Apply them to your problem
    • Repeat the process for every new problem you might have

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefoot View Post
    Which Oracle database do you use? This is the 10g R2 documentation homepage (yes, I know, we're on 12c already). I like that page because it is nicely divided into several sections. Under the "Most Popular", read & learn two books:
    They cover all you want to know about programming in PL/SQL. Of course, feel free to read similar books which cover YOUR Oracle database version.

Moreover, if you have a job to do but can't do it as you don't have the knowledge, then
    • identify the problem, i.e. what is the name of stuff that prevents you from doing that job. For example, you think that it should be done "in a loop"
    • As you don't know anything about loops in PL/SQL, you'll Google for that term and get a result, such as this
    • Research loops
    Thanks for your reply. In my company we work with Oracle 10g. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefoot View Post

• Research loops
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, we use Oracle 10g.

Thak you for your reply. Yes, we use Oracle 10g database.