Unanswered: ERROR could not open relation mapping file global/pg_filenode.map

Hi All,

I am trying to use postgresql with a Rails app, and I am having an issue creating a new user/password.
    I get the following message:
    createuser: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL: could not open relation mapping file "global/pg_filenode.map": No such file or directory

I believe I might of accidentally deleted this file and after sudo uninstalling Postgres with Brew and re-installing I still cannot get it back or to work.

I am using the latest version of Postgres and I'm on Mac OS X 10.10.4

Any idea on how I can fix this issue? Thanks so much in advance.

Sergio

Quote Originally Posted by sribeiro628 View Post
    Hi All,

I am trying to use postgresql with a Rails app, and I am having an issue creating a new user/password.
    I get the following message:
    createuser: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL: could not open relation mapping file "global/pg_filenode.map": No such file or directory

I believe I might of accidentally deleted this file and after sudo uninstalling Postgres with Brew and re-installing I still cannot get it back or to work.

I am using the latest version of Postgres and I'm on Mac OS X 10.10.4

Any idea on how I can fix this issue? Thanks so much in advance.

Sergio
    Anyone has any idea what i need to do fix this issue?

In terms of data in the file, unless there was data in it placed by Apple or some other application, I did not have any information I needed in it. But from the research i've done about this file, I cannot seem to determine if it's a critical file for Apple/Mac OS X or if it's important for applications i work on.

Anyone have any additional information about the file?

Sergio