Thread: Hi I'm Mikk

Lightbulb Hi I'm Mikk

Hi there,

My name is Mikk.
    Me and my brother run a company which is engaged in engineering manufacturing,

the issue that I am facing is I am not able to manage my orders, inventory and work flow.
    due to that I am facing so much problems coz my employees are not giving their 100%

the reason I'm here is I want to create a software that can be used in network.
    here is my process

1 we get the inquiry
    2 we provide quotation + drawing (both are having unique numbers and we keep hard copy and soft copy of both)
    3 we get the purchase order
    4 I've initially created a excel sheet that is used to make 3 sheet at once which is Sales order + Job Card + Bill Of Material (this also has a unique number )
    4.1 Sales Order : SO - is used only for office in it contains each information
    4.2 Job Card : JC - is used only for workshop and it has product related information party name is not mentioned in that
    4.3 Bill Of Material : BOM - is also used for workshop and it is used to provide needed items from the inventory to make such product.

all three documents are having a unique number that is used to follow that production process.

I want to make such application which is easy to use and can be used specifically for my purpose, I want to develop a app that is GUI based and Editable.. for my enhancement regarding productivity.

I HOPE YOU ALL GUYS WILL HELP ME ACHIVE MY GOAL....

Rather than creating a new package, use one of the low cost or open source packages that are already written, debugged, and are being maintained. You need to focus on running your business, and a software package like this effectively IS a business.

Quickbooks is very inexpensive, and is full featured enough to work for most businesses. When your company grows large enough that you have an Information Technology department, they will be able to transition your business from Quickbooks to another commercial package without a lot of effort.

If you have lots of spare time but not lots of money, look at the Open Source packages. Gnucash is a good, Open Source system that will allow you a lot of flexibility at essentially no cost.

I've seen many people with new businesses fall into the trap of writing their own business software. Some of the people who have started this process recognize the trap in time to save their business, but most do not.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Thumbs up thanks

Thanks a lot buddy
    i'll look in to these open source apps ....

thanks a lot for the information

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    Rather than creating a new package, use one of the low cost or open source packages that are already written, debugged, and are being maintained. You need to focus on running your business, and a software package like this effectively IS a business.

Quickbooks is very inexpensive, and is full featured enough to work for most businesses. When your company grows large enough that you have an Information Technology department, they will be able to transition your business from Quickbooks to another commercial package without a lot of effort.

If you have lots of spare time but not lots of money, look at the Open Source packages. Gnucash is a good, Open Source system that will allow you a lot of flexibility at essentially no cost.

I've seen many people with new businesses fall into the trap of writing their own business software. Some of the people who have started this process recognize the trap in time to save their business, but most do not.

-PatP

Hi Mikk,

I had to build a custom database application as well, hence i wrote a small script that basically scaffolds the Create, Read, Update and Delete Part. https://github.com/Leo-G/Flask-Scaffold, I can help you customize it to your need if you like.