Unanswered: How do I integrate fingerprint in brilliant database I am designing biometric databa

Good day everyone, please help me on how to integrate fingerprint in my biometric database
    in brilliant database.
    thanks for the help, But what i really want is that, I have designed a form to capture name of the staff one ministry, their personal information, date of appointments salary details and so on. So they wanted me to add biometric data capture to verify and identify the staff.
    so for example if a staff data was captured in my database once he put his finger on the fingerprint device his information will show up.
    thanks
    Last edited by warshu; 12-10-15 at 07:15.

Hi,
    Please give us more information on how you want to add the fingerprint data.

Will you access an external device (must be work as a HID - Keyboard because Brilliant Database can not catch errorfee an external API or ODBC Source)

Or will you access an external database via SQL (which is also depending on the external SQL Database on how it works - more or less reliable)

Or will you add only images - which would be working.

Please remind that the Versions have no API to get access to the database from external applications. Only Brilliant Database can work with the database. No external connection via API, COM Objects, ODBC, Pipes, Network, etc. are

Provided Answers: 54
    I would encourage you to read this article from the Washington Post before you get too enthused about using fingerprints to secure your applications. If you are willing to read a more technical description of some of the problems with using passwords, see this article from Hackaday.

Fingerprints make tolerable ids (like a user name), but very poor passwords.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Please how can i use dll in brilliant database to create a fingerprint database

Quote Originally Posted by warshu View Post
    Good day everyone, please help me on how to integrate fingerprint in my biometric database
    in brilliant database.
    thanks for the help, But what i really want is that, I have designed a form to capture name of the staff one ministry, their personal information, date of appointments salary details and so on. So they wanted me to add biometric data capture to verify and identify the staff.
    so for example if a staff data was captured in my database once he put his finger on the fingerprint device his information will show up.
    thanks
    PLEASE HOW CAN I USE DLL IN BRILLIANT DATABASE TO CREATE A FINGERPRINT DATABASE

PLEASE FRIENDS I NEED HELP ON HOW TO CREATE FINGERPRINTS AND SAVE THEM IN BRILLIANT DATABASE.

I GOT CONFUSED USING THIS HELP PROVIDED BY BRILLIANT DATABASE

Creating 3rd Party Addons (Dlls) for Brilliant Database

To create additional modules for Brilliant Database, you can use any development tool, for example, Visual C++, Visual Basic, Delphi, etc. The created module should be a usual dll. All exported functions should be declared in the following way:

void __stdcall ProcedureName(char *ParameterA, char *ParameterB, char *ReturnValue)

Where:

ParameterA, ParameterB - text variables passed from Brilliant Database in the standard Non-unicode character encoding.
    ReturnValue - text buffer in which the value returned by the function should be written. The limitation for the buffer size is 1 000 000 Bytes.
    For example, the following simple function will display ParameterA and ParameterB in a simple message and return a string with a random number:

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

If you are not a programmer who can write a DLL with this interface parameters, it can not work.

You need the interface like decribed at the manual:

void __stdcall ProcedureName(char *ParameterA, char *ParameterB, char *ReturnValue)

EVEN IF YOU HAVE SUCH A DLL IT CAN NOT BE FOR SURE THAT IT WORKS!

External DLL is one of the problematic functions which needs to be fixed.

Read the past posts about using external DLL and make your own opinion.

GOOD LUCK.

btw. many have stepped away from Brilliant Database becaue of missing support and error corrections...

thank you so much sir for your prompt response but where can i get your previous post

thank you so much sir for your prompt response but where can i get your previous post

please my challenge is the fingerprint device read sdk dll i have it already but defining in the dll screen parameters is the problem. even when link it doesn't call for the library or the device. could please further educate me. or preferably give me a video link to solve the problem. thanks

chijioke

Again, short and simple:
    - external DLL connection has errors and work not correct!
    - external DLL must have EXACTLY the parameters from the Manual. If the SDK DLL uses other parameters or additional parameters, IT DOES NOT WORK!
    - give the interface definition to the SDK manufactuer and ask if the DLL is compatible to it. IF NOT - FORGET IT FOREVER!

Using external DLL with Brilliant Database: WORSE IDEA!!!

you can keep writing asking for help, etc. but it will not change reality.

YOU MUST USE ANOTHER SOFTWARE IF YOU WANT TO CONNECT AN EXTERNAL DLL!!!

IF YOU CAN NOT WRITE SUCH A SOFTWARE - ASK A PROGRAMMER!!!

You will get no more response from me, because what is faulty is faulty.