Unanswered: Clearing an Unbound Combo box with Add New Record Button

The title of this thread sounds like a simple problem, but I have been working on this for hours and cannot figure it out.

I currently have a form with two unbound combo boxes that have a rowsource referencing a query. Once a selection has been made in the first combo box, it filters the results of the second unbound combobox.

In addition, I also have a few bound text boxes that store user input and an add new record button. The issue I am having is clearing the comboboxes after the user hits add new record. The bound textboxes clear immediately and store information properly, but for some reason I cannot get the comboboxes to clear.

Thus far, I can get it to work by using combobox="" if I make a new command button, but I would like to have the add new record button submit the record and then clear the boxes.

It seems I can get it to work using the combobox="" if I do it as the FIRST line in the private sub for the add new record button, but then it clears the data before storing the information.... which, obvioiusly, is not what I want.

If I add it beneath the rest of the code I have, then it doesn't clear. Am I missing something here? my code for the add new record button is below. Any help would be appreciated.

Private Sub SubmitStatus_click()
    On Error GoTo Err_SubmitStatus_Click

[User] = fOSUserName()

DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70
    DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec

Exit_SubmitStatus_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_SubmitStatus_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_SubmitStatus_Click

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO DailyStatusBackend (MasterProjectID)" & "Values(&me.combo14.column(6)&)"
    CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError

'this is where I have been adding the combobox="" and it doesn't work. Neither does me.combobox.value=null, me.combobox="", etc.

End Sub

Thank you again.

Provided Answers: 24
    CboBox = null