Unanswered: Version 11 and christmas time

CHRISTMAS TIME IS COMMING

Is anybody expecting the unbelivable release of Version 11 this year or next year or any year (yes, Chistmas is a yearly event)?

Any information about a fork or usable alternative for Version 10?

Any contact to Mikhail?

Is somebody doing new applications with this software or only supporting existing?

Any ... anything about Brilliant Database ???

Maybe we will get a big christmas discount for the long waiting for Version 11 or 12 (OK, I am joking)?

Have a nice christmas etc. and a good alternative to Brilliant Database.

Provided Answers: 17
    I'd say it's easier to predict the Lotto numbers than predict if v11 will be released this side of Christmas.

Even if v11 is release, I don't think I will be so quick to buy it. I'd rather not sink any more money into this software if it's not going to be supported properly, especially since I can easily just carry on with v10 as it works fine for me.

The only features that would instantly make me buy v11 is if had the ability to run over a internet browser.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi James
    It's almost unbelievable but their web site has not been undated from "July release". How hard would it be to add a short update and give an explaination for delay -illness , bugs in software or anything but something concrete.
    Personally I have moved to Android tablets - using DroidDb 3.1 and Sailforms Pro 2. Still learning but support is very good (24 hrs) for both.
    If I go back to windows I might take a look at Magic XPA 3.
    Merry Xmas
    David

Quote Originally Posted by tamcind View Post
    If I go back to windows I might take a look at Magic XPA 3.
    Merry Xmas
    David
    Wow! I developed with Magic 5.2 in the 80's-90s, I loved it, but their pricing structure changed and they became super expensive when they moved to windows. Have they changed their pricing structure?
    Barry

Provided Answers: 2
    Hello Barry
    I have not started any thing with Magic XPA but the single user version is free, so thought I might download in case the situation changes. You may be right about enterprise version cost - no price seen on web site so I assume they want you to contact them. Of course if you earn a living from software the cost of the "tools" must be taken in context of what return you may get back ( a mechanic may spend thousands on spanners etc). As I said my interest is now in portable app's (Android). For me total portability, quick boot, touch screen and low cost tablet/phones is appealling.
    Regards
    David

Hello there,

Any news about version 11? It has been almost 7 months and no communication about the upgrade since July 9. The official website news is as follows:

Brilliant Database v11 Release is postponed till July 29, 2015, we are still working on improvements to the app release.

However, there is no update since then. How long are we waiting for this upgrade? At least the website should be updated why there was a delay and provide some sort of explanations.

I am just astounded about the silence and luck of communication around this.

Mohammed

Provided Answers: 54
    This will sound quite rude, but that's not my intent at all. Based on your statement:

Quote Originally Posted by alem View Post
    I am just astounded about the silence and luck of communication around this.
    ...I have to say "get used to it". This has been the update/communication/business practice for as long as I've known about the Brilliant Database product/company.

Mikhail has created a great product, but he has fallen far short of building an organization to promote and support it. Brilliant Database is a product that could easily support a small company, and with some additional work could become a product that would support a much larger company. Until there are enough people to support the product, it has probably reached the point where it can not grow any more... At this point, it will begin to wither and die. This is an unfortunate consequence of how the free market works.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    This will sound quite rude, but that's not my intent at all. Based on your statement:

...I have to say "get used to it". This has been the update/communication/business practice for as long as I've known about the Brilliant Database product/company.

Mikhail has created a great product, but he has fallen far short of building an organization to promote and support it. Brilliant Database is a product that could easily support a small company, and with some additional work could become a product that would support a much larger company. Until there are enough people to support the product, it has probably reached the point where it can not grow any more... At this point, it will begin to wither and die. This is an unfortunate consequence of how the free market works.

-PatP
    Agree.

Has somebody ever tried to contact Mikhail asking for a buyout of the sourcecode or releasing it to open source or selling the source code to current customers?

It could be interesting to get his response on such requests.

This is what I got on the: 17 Nov 2015 from Mikhail

"Hello,

We are working both on Brilliant and new online database now. I think we will finally release v11 in November 2015.

--
    Best Regards,
    Mikhail
    Binary Brilliant Inc "

Releasing v11 is not enough any more. The company itself need to be fixed.

This nonsense of no support has been dragging on 3 years now. Every now and again he pops his head up and blames the Contact Form, saying its fixed now, yet he goes straight back to not replying to anyone. It's all nonsense.

Simply fact is, clearly nobody is working any regular hours at Brilliant Database at all. There is NO functional company. It's all been reduced to some side project worked on by one person on rare occasions.

As time goes by, it's all only getting worse, not better.

All if which is a crying shame because this has nothing to do with the actual product. The product itself is fantastic. It's the Company that is not working.

So as I said above, releasing v11 is not enough any more. The company itself needs to be fixed.

Regards
    James.

Provided Answers: 54
    Did you get the memo James???

You've been doing the support here on DBForums for Brilliant Database for years. I doubt that it is official company policy, but you (and others here on the forum) have been the defacto Support Department for ages.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

lol...
    At least it was worth the effort. We are lucky to have this forum and the very nice members who hang out here.

Regards
    James.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    Releasing v11 is not enough any more. The company itself need to be fixed.

This nonsense of no support has been dragging on 3 years now. Every now and again he pops his head up and blames the Contact Form, saying its fixed now, yet he goes straight back to not replying to anyone. It's all nonsense.

Simply fact is, clearly nobody is working any regular hours at Brilliant Database at all. There is NO functional company. It's all been reduced to some side project worked on by one person on rare occasions.

As time goes by, it's all only getting worse, not better.

All if which is a crying shame because this has nothing to do with the actual product. The product itself is fantastic. It's the Company that is not working.

So as I said above, releasing v11 is not enough any more. The company itself needs to be fixed.

Regards
    James.
    Hi James,

I agree that the support issue is more vital than the upgrade issue. I would like to see the support issue being address first than having another version.

My frustration is the lack of communication from the vendor. All it takes in one email from the vendor to update what is going on and answer the most critical issues related to internal database issues and bugs. We do have wonderful individuals who are providing great support about this product in this forum and I would have been lost without them specially James.

I hope things will improve for better this year. Otherwise I will be moving toward other alternatives even if I have to start learning a new programming language.

Thanks!
    Mohammed