Question Migrating Paradox 9 to (say) MySQL

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I am hoping you might be able to impart some kind advice and/or direct me to the relevant Board to post on.
    I started using a commercial database which was tailored from/built with Paradox 9 some 15 years ago.
    Since then I have for the past 5 - 6 years used the database to store all my personal information and now that I have a new PC (Windows 8.1, probably Win 10 soonish) I now need to transfer/migrate my data to something like MySQL (?)
    The Paradox based database I am still using on my XP machine and it works very well but of course I am vulnerable to viruses etc and I imagine running my "XP Paradox" in a Virtual Environment or similar is not a viable solution.
    I don't need all the bells and whistles of my tailored Paradox and wonder if there are packages that will do the transfer "automatically" for me and whether MySQL is arguably the best future proofed database to transfer into?
    Apologies if my problem is not clear but I have tried my best and I really do welcome any advice.
    Thank you in advance so very much!
    OzBoy.

Oracle's current licensing prices for the use of MySQL is described at http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/p...ist-183985.pdf

Assuming that your databases are small, you could use almost any of the database engines. IBM and Microsoft offer free versions of their tools that may be a bit limited for client/server purposes but ought to be more than adequate for upgrading a file based database engine like Paradox.

If you choose to use Open Source database tools, you could use either PostgreSQL or MariaDB which would support almost any database you need.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Many thanks Pat.

Your comments are much appreciated.

One point that I forgot to address in the original post is that Paradox 9 can access almost every database that supports ODBC, so the transfer is trivial. Open two different database connections within Paradox, one connection to the existing files and one to the database engine and copy the tables from one database to the other.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Paradox Transfer

Thanks again Pat, and apologies for my late/slow reply.

You make it sound easy, however it is not something I would tackle on my own so will enlist a more knowledgeable assistant!

Thanks again, your comments are much appreciated.