Unanswered: can you relate...

I need help relating my tables.

I want to be able to enter employee data on the form named ‘employee detail’
    Once the data has been entered in the ‘details tab’ I want to go ahead and score the employee in the ‘versatility tab’. Here is the rub:

One operator can work in many different departments (and each department has many different areas of competence where a score of 1-4 is awarded) I will validate and conditional format later on.

I have added buttons (for each department) on the ‘versatility tab’. The idea is that when the button marked ‘click to enter competence for department 1’ is clicked I want the form named ‘department input 1’ to open up. (this will have all of the areas of competence listed inside). I can then grade the employee on each category accordingly.
    My problem is that I can’t seem to relate the tables correctly so that employee ‘Paul Simon’, has records for each department that he is capable of working in.

I have attached a sample of the database that hopefully shows what I am trying to do. Feel free to pull apart and add credibility to this database ;-)

Any help (as ever) will be massively appreciated
    Last edited by MGF23; 12-17-15 at 09:45.

Provided Answers: 6
    Why have you placed this in a DB2 forum?
    Andy

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "