Cool Unanswered: How do you add multiple records into a table sharing the same ID when using Auto Numb

I am writing a NCR (Non-conforming Material)database to track non conformance's within our mfg area.

I have created a table with all of the needed data. Also have created an append Query and table to allow me to change the Auto number starting number. (Instead of "1" I can start at "300")

I have created a form to enter data to update the table and auto assign the NCR number. Works fine. Now the issue,

I can have product with more then one deviation type. I created a Sub form that allows me to enter more then one record for each deviation type. (e.g. O/S dia, Length, Height, ect. )under the Auto assigned NCR number or I.D. Purpose is to be able to have different dispositions for each deviation.

The sub form populates the table but auto indexes the I.D. number (NCR # in this case)

I'm stuck, Tried several things but to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Oh Yeah and I am using Access 2010

Oh Yeah and I am using Access 2010

Provided Answers: 6
    In the subform's table, NCR number should not be an autonumber, it should be Long Integer, and it should not be the primary key (you can have a separate autonumber field for the key). The subform control's master/child links will populate the subform's NCR field with the value from the main form.
    Paul

Provided Answers: 2
    See answer posted in the VB forum.
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.