Unanswered: Losing focus on the records of a Subform because of a web search control

Hello

I created a database in Microsoft Access. In the main form, I inserted a subform in which the records are shown as datasheet. Bellow this subform, I inserted a Web Browser Control. For each record in the subform, a different PDF (or a different section of a PDF) is shown in the Web Browser Control. Access is using Adobe Reader to open the PDFs in this control.

The problem is that, when i move to the next record in the subform (and it’s corresponding PDF opens in the web browser control), the arrows of the keyboard stop having effect on the records of the subform. In order to move to next record, i have to click on it with the mouse.

In this situation, when I scroll down the records of the subform, I have to click on each record. Of course, this is a very bad solution. Please I need to know what can I do to be able to scroll down the records with the up and down arrows of the keyboard.

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
    Marco

Attached to this reply is a very reduced version of my Database. The original one has more Queries, Forms and Data. In this "very reduced" one, i included just some "fake useless data" and just the minimum set of Queries and Forms to let you see the problem. Please, fill the "Link" field of some records with links to PDFs in your computer. Then try to move through the records using the keyboard up and down keys.

In this "reduced version", i think that the Database puts the focus in a specific control of the main form when the Web Browser Control shows a new PDF. In the "Real Database", it's not clear where the Focus is after a new PDF is shown. It seems to be nowhere... Anyway, i think it doesn't matter. If someone can show me how to solve the problem in this "Very Reduced Version", i can correct the "Real Database" too.

If it's possible, please try to write some code to solve the problem, post it back and let me know what you did.
    Thank you very very much in advance for all the atention and for willing to help!

Estudo.zip

Best Regards,
    Marco

Provided Answers: 59
    sometimes in the GUI world you have to use a pointing gesture whether thats a mouse click or touchscreen.

Im guessing that as the webcontrol opens the PDF document the PDF reader gains the focus. it interprets the up and down arrows differently to a form, so you need to revert back to the main form beoe using the arrow keys agan for record navigation

you would need to investigate if the focus can be shifted back to the original forms using a keyboard shortcut.
    https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...board+shortcut

whether thats TABbing or some mix of CTRL or shit hotkeys I don't know
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thank you very much for willing to help! Yes, i know about the shortcuts. Also, in my Database, i can put the focus back to the records in the subform by clicking 2 times on the tab key. The point is i don't want to press 2 times tab and then 1 time an arrow to move from one record to the next. One time an arrow should be enough. I need to find a way to make the Database do that automatically for me.

Thank you.