Provided Answers: 1

Answered: Version Compatibility

I need some expert advice. I have build a database of donors for the local food bank in Gatineau, Quebec. The development is in MS Access 2010; the food bank's software is MS Access 2007. I thought the two were compatible, BUT when I installed the application on Access 2007 machines, the events did not work (no on_click, no after_update). Essentially, the application (the events?) do not appear to run on 2007 software.

Is there a solution to this problem, or will I have to downgrade, or the food bank upgrade? If I downgrade, will I have to recode the entire program? They have some money to upgrade. Assuming I cannot make the application run on Access 2007 machines, what would you suggest we all upgrade to (I will pay for my own copy)?

Regards

J Smith
    Gatineau, Quebec

2. Best Answer
    Posted by Missinglinq

"If you've been careful to only use features available in v2007 or earlier, my guess would be that it's a matter of 'trust!'

In version 2007 and later, when no VBA code executes, the problem is usually that the folder holding the database hasn’t been designated as a "Trusted" location. My guess is that you didn't set the folder as 'trusted' when moving the app to the target machines.

To "Trust" your folder, click:
    • Office Button (top left)
    • Access Options (bottom of dialog)
    • Trust Center (left)
    • Trust Center Settings (button)
    • Trusted Locations (left)
    • Add new location (button)

Linq ;0)>"

Provided Answers: 19
    If you've been careful to only use features available in v2007 or earlier, my guess would be that it's a matter of 'trust!'

In version 2007 and later, when no VBA code executes, the problem is usually that the folder holding the database hasn’t been designated as a "Trusted" location. My guess is that you didn't set the folder as 'trusted' when moving the app to the target machines.

To "Trust" your folder, click:
    • Office Button (top left)
    • Access Options (bottom of dialog)
    • Trust Center (left)
    • Trust Center Settings (button)
    • Trusted Locations (left)
    • Add new location (button)

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Provided Answers: 1
    Rather feels like a trust issues, and my code uses nothing that was not in Access 2000! Thanks much. I really want to avoid changing their basic software. I'll let you know if you are right! Advice much appreciated.

J Smith
    Gatineau, QC