Unanswered: db2 installation on windows

Hi,

I want to migrate DB2 v7.1 Enterprise edition to New Server Windows server 2012.

Is it possible to install and migrate DB2 v7.1 to new Windows server 2012 ?

anybody suggest what can i do like this?

(OR)

IF may be we install latest Db2 v10.5 to new windows server 2012. is it possible to migrate old database to new version?

Provided Answers: 5
    You basically asked this in another post. V 7.1 went out of service in June of 2003. V 8.2 in April 2012. You will probably not be able to get install images of these versions.

What I would suggest, like I did in the other post, is to install V10.5 on the new server. Then use db2look and db2move to migrate your database.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ARWinner View Post
    You basically asked this in another post. V 7.1 went out of service in June of 2003. V 8.2 in April 2012. You will probably not be able to get install images of these versions.

What I would suggest, like I did in the other post, is to install V10.5 on the new server. Then use db2look and db2move to migrate your database.

Andy
    Sure thanks. but i don't get clear. we have V7.1 installation software so why not we install old one.

Provided Answers: 5
    V7.1 has been out of service for 12+years. Whether it is compatible with Windows server 2012 is unknown. If you you want to stay on an unsupported system on a system that may not be compatible, then by all means stay on it.

Andy

Provided Answers: 6
    Basically you are now in unknown territory. All you can do is try it but problems may surface at some point in the future and if that occurs you will then be completely stuffed as you will get no support at all from IBM. Their response, even in a system down sev 1 situation, will be "move to a supported version".
    If this is a real production system then I would strongly advise you to get on to a supported version - which you will have to pay for.
    Andy

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "