Unanswered: Intellisense for Access

To All--

Does anyone know of any tools or add-ins that will give me Intellisense type word/code completion when writing an SQL query in Access (looking for something that will work inside of Access)? I end up writing a lot of passthrough queries and it's easier to write the SQL out but it would be nice to have the table names, column names, etc suggested to me.

Thanks
    C

Provided Answers: 14
    Intellisence would not help you in this context as the target of a passthrough query consists in one or several tables in a database outside Access. Use the native IDE of the database server (SSMS for SQL Server) or a gereric IDE (such as Toad) to write the queries then, once they are tested and debugged, paste the SQL expression into Access. The syntax is usually similar if you do not try to use keywords that are specific to the database server. Even better: use stored procedures that are stored and validated in the external database and call them with a passthrough query.
    Have a nice day!

Thanks for the reply.

My issue is that I'm writing passthrough queries against an Oracle database. What I currently do is use ODBC to link to the tables within Access. Write the query, take the SQL from the query and clean it up to work as a passthrough to the Oracle database. I would rather write the query as SQL instead of using design view but I would like the have some type of word completion, etc.

Just didn't know if there was anything out there like that. So in the mean time I've started to write something myself. It's crude but at least I get the table names (based on what I have linked via ODBC) and the column names.

C