Question Unanswered: creating a interactive database for tracking trucks

hello everyone

i'm a junior intern at a transport company , i was given a project to create a interface that can track and give the optimal allocation of variable 3 (truck, driver , trailer) according to a mathematical model using the Operations Research
    the question is SQL the best choice to do this

thanks

Provided Answers: 59
    SQL as an interface no...
    as a means of storing and manipulating data then SQL is pretty good.
    whether you can do all you want purely in SQL (even assuming that you can get direct access to a server is doubtful. you will probably need something else between you and the data).
    I guess it depends on how complex the mathematical model is, how easy tht is to transcribe into SQL (either through queries or a mix of queries and stored procedures). Normally I would expect an interface between the user and the db but that interface could be a query browser such as PHPMySQL or Workbench where queries can be run directly against the db, or some program(s) which handle the user interaction in a slightly more elegant and gracefully manner

there's pros and cons against with any solution.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

thank you for your help

exactly , i'm going to try link it together , in addition that the mathematical model is complex as i said earlier 3 variables each one has 8 feature or more that will be selected and assigned according to their percentage of importance
    so it going to be a long internship

thanks again if i got stuck i'll let you know