Unanswered: Pop up field based on input into field on Access Form

Hi, I have a form in Access 2010 which has a field named "Date Rejected". Is there a way to make access open another small form to input the Reject Reason if the user inputs a date into the Date Rejected Field and copy the answer to the same table? I am trying to reduce the number of fields that are displayed on a form. Right now I have both fields on the same form. Thanks for your time.

Provided Answers: 59
    Why use a popup. popups are a serious PITA for skilled data entry.

for thsi sort of thing I would expect to see (probably) a combo box or mebbe a list box.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Cool Pop up

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    Why use a popup. popups are a serious PITA for skilled data entry.

for thsi sort of thing I would expect to see (probably) a combo box or mebbe a list box.

Well, my intent is to reduce the number of fields that they have to tab thru. I was hoping if I got some help with this field, I could use the same concept for other fields.

Provided Answers: 59
    serious bad idea in terms of user interface.

you could reduce the number of tab taps by say disabling the control if the date is not completed. and enable if it is set. (that means setting the enable state in the forms 'on current' event, and when the data in the date control changes.

the essential problem you have is ho do you edit the reason code, at what point do you display the popup.
    what happens if say you move from one popup enabled control to another.
    or if you move to a row that has a 'date rejected' value, how do you handle that situation.

seriously crappy idea.

if you have that many controls already then consider using a tabbed dialogue with either subforms or controls on the different tab pages.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Popup

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    serious bad idea in terms of user interface.

you could reduce the number of tab taps by say disabling the control if the date is not completed. and enable if it is set. (that means setting the enable state in the forms 'on current' event, and when the data in the date control changes.

the essential problem you have is ho do you edit the reason code, at what point do you display the popup.
    what happens if say you move from one popup enabled control to another.
    or if you move to a row that has a 'date rejected' value, how do you handle that situation.

seriously crappy idea.

if you have that many controls already then consider using a tabbed dialogue with either subforms or controls on the different tab pages.
    Thanks for the input!