Unanswered: Probable DB Connection issues with a continuous remote script execution

Dear Experts,
    I have a groovy script which connects to a MS SQL DB (2012, Standard edition) and performs a select query and retrieves the rows and performs some simple operations on the extracted results. However, I see that my script fails after few days of running. I have enabled put a try-catch exception and see that the error is occurring while I execute the select query.

If I stop my script and start it again, everything works fine for couple more days.

When the issue occurs, I can see that the exception is caught and it prints the exception line in error logs.

I suspect the issue is due to connection/timeout issues. Can someone please suggest what DB configuration that I should be looking for to identify and fix the error?

Here are the features of my script.

Init block - Establishes connection to the DB. Runs only once when i start the script

Process block - Performs a select query when there are new inputs in my applications. It passes those inputs to extract relevant rows from the script.

Destroy block - Closes the connection to DB when the script is stopped.

Below is the excerpt of my script which is causing the issue.

try {
    connection.eachRow("select name, ip_address from SN_NETGEAR_MANUAL1 where ip_address = '"+nodeIP+"'",{

if (it.ip_address != null && it.ip_address.length() > 0) {
    dbCIName =
    dbIPAddress = nodeIP

catch (ex){
    s_log.error ("Events Enrichment for event" + event +"failed.")

BHarath MUppireddy

Provided Answers: 11
    Uhh. What was the error? Is it the same for each failure? Does it correspond with a restart of the SQL Service?