Answered: Performance/ Best Practice

I was wondering what would be (in your opinions) the best way to accomplish my goal.
    I currently use userinfo list in sharepoint as a linked table in MS Access to cross reference users Empid to their email address as there is no direct correlation from Empid to email.. This is agonizingly slow, as there are over 5000 users on this. I have worked with active directory a few times in access vba. I was contemplating on cross referencing AD to get the emails as I have the user names for all the emps. The question is would it be best to make and update a local table of the emps I am in need of (email addresses aprox 20 out of the 5000.) or hit against AD 200 times in a short span by grabbing the email address sending the email then move to the next record. Sorry if I am not giving enough info. Please let me know what you think or if you need more info.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by ranman256

"sure, just make a local table as your bridge to the email/emps.
    If you have other folks using the email, the table may have to go on the server."

Provided Answers: 24
    sure, just make a local table as your bridge to the email/emps.
    If you have other folks using the email, the table may have to go on the server.