Exclamation Unanswered: chunks managament

Dear All

I am mooving from Informix SE to Informix Online and I have been told during my training that Online is power full and easy to use but I am still having problem to understand better the chunk management. How to create a chunk so that we can avoid space outage? Is there a way to auto manage space on my tablespace? I have been charge to choose amoung version 10, 11 and 12 for our company. Which version is more stable nowaday?
    Thanks

Hi,

first of all, you always have to monitor your system because no system can run fully unattended.
    If you want to take advantage of the storage provisioning feature, use at least version 11.70 or 12.10. If you use cooked files, you can change the chunks to autextendable in case they run out of space. Nevertheless, make sure you have plenty of space left on your device.
    Try using the onconfig parameter ALARMPROGRAM and the setting ADMINEMAIL within the ALARMPROGRAM to have the instance sending you an email in case a problem occurs. Moreover, you can use STORAGE_FULL_ALARM to foresee some of the out-of-space problems.