Provided Answers: 1

Answered: Delete action samples

Hello, I just purchased Brilliant database and downloaded all samples, but the delete action sample database does not work and shows runtime error 13. I want to add a button to delete the current record and related detail records (order folder and detail for the order). Can anyone please upload a sample or the delete action sample database? Thank you very much for your valuable help. Regards, Ernesto

2. Best Answer
    Posted by fireant911

"mecm,
    My experiences have been that the delete record function is quite unstable and it has ruined more than one of my databases. Sometimes it appears work whereas other times it does not and the results are not good. At best, it was very inconsistent and I chased a problem for months before I found the cause. Others here were able to replicate the issue and the consensus was to not use it at all. I would steer clear of that function; instead, I opted to send the records to another folder and then I deleted those records manually (without scripting). Yes, it takes longer but this approach will not corrupt your database. This bug has been reported to Brilliant Database but communication has been... well, there has been no communication for a long time..."

Provided Answers: 2
    Attached is a simple example.
    delete.zip

Thank you

Hello,
    Thank you for your help.
    Regards,
    Ernesto

Provided Answers: 2
    mecm,
    My experiences have been that the delete record function is quite unstable and it has ruined more than one of my databases. Sometimes it appears work whereas other times it does not and the results are not good. At best, it was very inconsistent and I chased a problem for months before I found the cause. Others here were able to replicate the issue and the consensus was to not use it at all. I would steer clear of that function; instead, I opted to send the records to another folder and then I deleted those records manually (without scripting). Yes, it takes longer but this approach will not corrupt your database. This bug has been reported to Brilliant Database but communication has been... well, there has been no communication for a long time...
    Daryl G

Quote Originally Posted by fireant911 View Post
    mecm,
    My experiences have been that the delete record function is quite unstable and it has ruined more than one of my databases. Sometimes it appears work whereas other times it does not and the results are not good. At best, it was very inconsistent and I chased a problem for months before I found the cause. Others here were able to replicate the issue and the consensus was to not use it at all. I would steer clear of that function; instead, I opted to send the records to another folder and then I deleted those records manually (without scripting). Yes, it takes longer but this approach will not corrupt your database. This bug has been reported to Brilliant Database but communication has been... well, there has been no communication for a long time...
    Hello Daryl G, thank you for your message and help. I will follow your advise. Regards, Ernesto