Answered: How to detect a running backup on server A from server B

Server A:
    DB2 WSE 9.7.6 for LUW
    Windows Server 2008

Server B:
    DB2 Express-C 10.5.5 for LUW
    Windows Server 2012

I am making an uncompressed backup from server A to server B. Server B is running a script which checks and compresses the backup and copies it to its final backup folder.
    Script on server B should only execute if backup on server A isn't running.

I thought about inserting a record in a DB2 table before backup and deleting it after backup. So the script on server B would't execute as long as the specific record is found in that table.
    This will work as long as backup script runs on server A, but not if I am running backup command on command line.

Can I detect a running backup on server A from server B? How can I do it?

2. Best Answer
    Posted by mark.b

"SYSIBMADM.SNAPUTIL view should contain the corresponding record when an online backup is running.
    So, if you have an ability to connect to your server A database from the server B, then you can use this view."

Provided Answers: 55
    SYSIBMADM.SNAPUTIL view should contain the corresponding record when an online backup is running.
    So, if you have an ability to connect to your server A database from the server B, then you can use this view.
    Regards,
    Mark.

Provided Answers: 1
    Hello,

Here is the knowledge center for this: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledg.../r0022000.html

Thank you for your answers.

I am using

db2 -x "select count(*) from sysibmadm.snaputil where utility_type='BACKUP' and utility_dbname='database_name'"

to check if backup is running.

If count>0 then backup is running, the script waits for 10 minutes and tries again. If count=0 the script continues.