Provided Answers: 2

Unhappy Unanswered: Recurring Advertisement from Data Center World

Greetings Brilliant Databaser's,
    For the last week or so it seems like I am constantly getting advertisements/spamming from Data Center World. I am curious if it just me OR if it is happening to all members of the dBforums? I have never heard of Data Center World nor have I signed up with anything with them AND I sure wish that it would stop!!! Are others getting this too?
    Daryl G

Hi Daryl
    Yes I am getting emails every day lately. I have no interest in any of these offers which appear to be targeted at a totally different audience then Brilliant Database users.
    I know Dbforums needs sponsorship to pay the bills but would it be possible to "op out". Pat may be able to comment further.
    Regards
    David

Provided Answers: 59
    getting emails spamming on behalf of dbf... well that should be blockable.... how you set it I don't know... I don't get any emails advertising.

advertising itself on the website, well dbf has got to pay the bills somehow. granted you may be getting adverts that seem irrelevant but that does generate some revenue. given the relativley small range of adverts I suspect that dbf isn't an especially attractive proposition for advertisiers
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 54
    I'm afraid that I have precious little insight to offer. DBForums is now owned by Penton Media. I have no contacts there, and have not heard from them since the site was purchased. Everything that I know about DBForums since Penton bought the site is from friends of mine who were once employees of iNet Interactive (the former owners of DBForums).

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Hi again
    Had not bothered to read these Data Centre emails but today took a closer look before pressing delete button. At the bottom of the page there is a "op out" link, which I have followed to "unsubscribe". Hope this is genuine unlike a sunglass spamming company that keeps altering its address as fast as I add them to my spam list.
    Regards
    David