Unanswered: Adding a Item Entry into a history box

Good Morning,
    I am not quite sure how to title this one but what I am looking for is if there is a way to add into a history box. For instance, I am using a template for issue tracking for tracking work orders. It has been changed some to accommodate what is needed. There is a box for comments to go into. There is also a box that records all the comments and it is titled History. This is to allow the progress and results of the work order. There is another box that is titled "Status", which means the status of the work order such as "Active", "Resolved", and "Closed". Is there a way the I can get the History box to accept the Status box also? This is the formula for the history box.

=ColumnHistory([RecordSource],"Comments","[ID]=" & Nz([ID])).

Thanks.
    Kris

Provided Answers: 59
    i'd try something like:-
    Code:
    = ColumnHistory([RecordSource],"Comments","[ID]=" & Nz([ID])) & vbcrlf & "Status" & ColumnHistory([RecordSource],"Status","[ID]=" & Nz([ID]))
    but check the documentation for the columnhistory function
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    i'd try something like:-
    Code:
    = ColumnHistory([RecordSource],"Comments","[ID]=" & Nz([ID])) & vbcrlf & "Status" & ColumnHistory([RecordSource],"Status","[ID]=" & Nz([ID]))
    but check the documentation for the columnhistory function
    Thanks for your help, but now I am getting an invalid string .

Provided Answers: 59
    well in the absence of your form I'm out of suggestions
    you could break apart the suggested code to find out which element causes the fault
    it coudl; be anything
    it could be you don't have a control or column called status
    it could be you cannot concatenate two column history's together
    it could be that there is a column status and that you cannot use columnhistory on that column

of course if Status takes only one of 3 values and you only want the current value
    Code:
    ColumnHistory([RecordSource],"Comments","[ID]=" & Nz([ID])) & vbcrlf & "Status:" & Status
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton