Unanswered: ETL using SSIS to Postgres in Ubuntu

We have an existing SSIS doing a scheduled ETL to postgres in windows which works fine, a new requirement is to do the same but this time to postgres in ubuntu. issue: while creating new SSIS package the ubuntu server cannot be seen in OLE db destination. Is there another way of doing it? thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 11
    Are you saying the OLEDB destination can not be seen in a drop down? If so, you should be able to specify the connection manually.

Thanks for the reply. When I entered the server name manually and do a test connection it gives an error "test connection failed because of a error in initialiazing provider. Value does not fall within the expected range"

That sounds like a client side issue, but this same box was happily connecting to a different Postgres server?

it seems a client side issue in ubuntu since the existing SSIS to Postgres in windows environment still works as scheduled daily.

I would confirm that the Postgres tools (outside SSIS) can connect to the Ubuntu Postgres database (maybe write a quick VB script to connect to Postgres, and get the current date from that server). I suspect the SSIS server is mostly ok, because the one connection to a Postgres server works. It could be something like a difference in version between the client .DLLs and the server, or even a firewall issue on the SSIS side, but I can't say with much certainty.