Orlando, FL

Can a MS SQL DBA Survive in EU?

Curious if SQL Server is in-demand (I hate saying that phrase too) if I were to decide to maybe live in Germany or Holland for a few years. Anyone know what the market is as far as reliable DBA gigs where my primary skill set is < 2 yrs SQL Server only?

I currently live in Orlando and the tech industry is fairly booming here for lack of better term. I do really invision my self living over seas for maybe a decade since I have no kids and there is nothing else I really rather due than stare at T-SQL all day.

In front of the computer
    Yes, there is strong demand for SQL Server DBAs in most of Europe.

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Dallas, Texas
    Working in Europe isn't always easy. I'm a DBA with over 20 years of experience and lived in the Netherlands, UK, and Ireland. I found it difficult to find work in both the Netherlands and UK even though I hold a British and American passport. The Netherlands has work but a good number of these jobs require knowledge of Dutch. The UK is not so easy either because it's a small job market with lots of local talent. Ireland is much the same market wise as the UK. I was able to find work as a DBA in Ireland, but that was 2008-2011. I didn't need a visa so I guess that helped. Might want to submit your resume to a few agencies in the EU and see what kind of feedback you get. Good luck!