Unanswered: Copy record from one recordset to another

Hi, I'm trying to copy the record from one table to another using the following VBA codes. I'm having run-time error 3021 -- No Current Record.
    I think the problem happen in the red color font. Can someone please figure out the problem in my VBA codes for me.

Dim db As DAO.Database
    Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
    Dim strSQL As String

Set db = CurrentDb()
    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT ProjectCode, Wall_ID, ProductID, Timesing,Length, Height, CorIntEnd FROM tbl_MEA_Wall WHERE(ProjectCode = 'Me.[Parent]![cboProjectCode]')")

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO tbl_MEA_WallFinishes SELECT ProjectCode, Wall_ID, ProductID, Timesing, Length, Height, CorIntEnd FROM tbl_MEA_Wall WHERE(ProjectCode = """ & rs!ProjectCode & """) "

rs.Close
    MsgBox "Copy complete!"

Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 59
    So do you check if there is a result in the first recordset.
    What data type is oroject code
    Code:
    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT ProjectCode, Wall_ID, ProductID, Timesing,Length, Height, CorIntEnd FROM tbl_MEA_Wall WHERE(ProjectCode = '" & Me.[Parent]![cboProjectCode] & "')")
    If you want to use a value from a variable / control then you need to 'drop out' of a string literal and use vba to append that variable or control to the string

So if your first sql statement fails, and as setup currenty it will (unless you have a project code = to "Me.[Parent]![cboProjectCode]')" 'Me.[Parent]![cboProjectCode]"
    Then you have a null value in rs!ProjectCode

On the face of it i dont see why you open the rs if the only valye you have is limited by 'Me.[Parent]![cboProjectCode]')". So you could replace rs!ProjectCode with 'Me.[Parent]![cboProjectCode]'
    Last edited by healdem; 03-27-16 at 05:04.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Hi Healdem,

It works fine when I replace rs!ProjectCode with 'Me.[Parent]![cboProjectCode]'

Thank you.