CreateTimestamp

Table 2
    AdminId
    Policy
    CreateTimestamp
    Detail1
    Detail2
    Detail50

Table 2 is a big table will lots of data. For every rec in Table1 there can be thousands of rows in Table2.
    Requirement is to get the count last one year data from table 2 which have location = NY .
    I wrote below query but its not optimized and m not able to run it.
    Please suggest how to optimize this query. Thanks in advance!

Select count(*) from Table2 T2 , Table1 T1 where T1.adminId = T2.adminId and T1.policy = T2.policy and T1.location like ('℅NY℅') and T2.createTimestamp > ( current Timestamp - 1 year)

Provided Answers: 5
    Sometimes it is not the query that is the problem. Your query looks very compact and to the point. The only questions I have are what does the data T1.location look like? (using "LIKE '%NY%") is not a good idea unless there are few rows in the table. Second question, do you have an index on T2 (adminid, policy, creatTimestamp)?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ARWinner View Post
    Sometimes it is not the query that is the problem. Your query looks very compact and to the point. The only questions I have are what does the data T1.location look like? (using "LIKE '%NY%") is not a good idea unless there are few rows in the table. Second question, do you have an index on T2 (adminid, policy, creatTimestamp)?

Andy
    Hi Andy,

It is necessary to use a wildcard for locationid as its a 15 byte field and 'NY' comes somewhere in the middle. I also tried using SUBSTR in place of LIKE but its not solving the purpose . Adminid n policy are the primary keys in both the tables.
    Whenever I am trying to run this query in production env using QMF I am getting below error:
    Unsuccessful execution because DB2 limit exceeded. Resource name ASUTIME , limit = 0000000009

Provided Answers: 5
    You're hitting the RLF limit, you can talk to your DBA. Explain your SQL and see what the current access path is. I don't know anything about your app or size of table 1. Maybe you should talk to someone about why STATE isn't its own field. If the requirement is high enough can you put an index on expression for this combo column to pull out the state field?
    Dave