Answered: Cant connect to DB with new User

i am new in working with DB2 (Express-C 10.5). I just installed the DB an so far everything is working fine. Because I don´t think its a good idea to work with the instance user i wanted to add a new Database and a User, which hast only access to this DB. I am working on Linux so I created a new User on OS Level and set a password via the root account. Than I created a new DB and connected to it with the instance User. After that i granted CONNECT TO DATABASE to the new User. Than I reset the connection and tried to CONNECT with the new user but i get an error that Username or Password are incorrect. I tried to connect to the new DB with the instance User, which works fine. Can anyone help me what i am doing wrong? (I checked Username and password several times. They are correct)

2. Best Answer
    Posted by db2mor

"Give *full* details of your distro, is it RedHat Enterprise Linux, SuSe, Unbuntu , Centos and then give the distro version.

Keep all the user-names and group names in lowercase in your operating-system (inside DB2 they will all be folded to uppercase unless you double-quote them)."

Provided Answers: 16
    Check the restrictions on the length of the account-name, the length of the passwords, and whether the account-name or pasword has any special characters. Try short simple userid/password also to eliminate this.

Provided Answers: 59
    does DB2 accept authentication from *NIX user accoutns or do they also need to be declared within the DB itself?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Are you studying the documentation in the on-line knowledge center? By default, DB2 will get Linux to authenticate, but DB2 has some restrictions per my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by db2mor View Post
    Check the restrictions on the length of the account-name, the length of the passwords, and whether the account-name or pasword has any special characters. Try short simple userid/password also to eliminate this.
    My username has only 3 characters and the password is a 6 character. None of them has any special characters.

I find this in db2diag.log:
    ` 2016-04-14-10.25.57.569432+120 E860044E458 LEVEL: Severe PID : 27232 TID : 140473930934080 PROC : db2bp INSTANCE: db2inst1 NODE : 000 HOSTNAME: XXXXXXXXXX FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, bsu security, sqlexGetDefaultLoginContext, probe:150 MESSAGE : ADM13001E Plug-in "IBMOSauthclient" received error code "-2" from the DB2 security plug-in API "db2secGetDefaultLoginContext" with the error message " "

Provided Answers: 55
    What's the exact username?
    Regards,
    Mark.

I tried it with different ones: LIP_USER,LIP, testuser

Give full details of the Linux distro, and the output of uname -a . What is the case (lower/upper) of the account name in the operating-system (or whatever performs the authentication) ?. I usually leave the usernames in the operating system in lowercase. Are you aso using default authentication settings in DB2?

Give full details of the Linux distro, and the output of uname -a . What is the case (lower/upper) of the account name in the operating-system (or whatever performs the authentication) ?. I usually leave the usernames in the operating system in lowercase. Are you aso using default authentication settings in DB2?
    Linux XXXXX 3.12.28-4-default #1 SMP Thu Sep 25 17:02:34 UTC 2014 (9879bd4) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Linux version 3.12.28-4-default (geeko@buildhost) (gcc version 4.8.3 20140627 [gcc-4_8-branch revision 212064] (SUSE Linux) ) #1 SMP Thu Sep 25 17:02:34 UTC 2014 (9879bd4)

Bei User ist "LIP" all in upper Case.

I use the default authentification setting from DB2 (to be honest i don´t know how i could change them if i wanted that to do )

What I did was the following:
    - Create new User from the root user
    - set a password for that user
    - open a shell with new user
    - set the path variable
    - tried "db2 list db directory" --> is working
    - tried to connect with "db2 connect to SAMPLE" -->SQL30082N Security processing failed with reason "24" ("USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD INVALID"). SQLSTATE=08001
    - tried other database --> SQL30082N Security processing failed with reason "24" ("USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD INVALID"). SQLSTATE=08001
    - tried "db2 connect to sample USER db2inst1 USING XXX" --> working
    - reset connection
    - tried "db2 connect to sample USER LIP USING XXX" --> SQL30082N Security processing failed with reason "24" ("USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD INVALID"). SQLSTATE=08001

Provided Answers: 5
    If I remember correctly, your usernames in Linux need to be all lower case. We use Linux, and we never put in a user with uppercase in their name.

Andy

Give *full* details of your distro, is it RedHat Enterprise Linux, SuSe, Unbuntu , Centos and then give the distro version.

Keep all the user-names and group names in lowercase in your operating-system (inside DB2 they will all be folded to uppercase unless you double-quote them).

Give *full* details of your distro, is it RedHat Enterprise Linux, SuSe, Unbuntu , Centos and then give the distro version.

Keep all the user-names and group names in lowercase in your operating-system (inside DB2 they will all be folded to uppercase unless you double-quote them).
    NAME="SLES"
    VERSION="12"
    VERSION_ID="12"
    PRETTY_NAME="SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12"
    ID="sles"
    ANSI_COLOR="0;32"
    CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:suse:sles:12"

it really was the user name..... i tried a new one all in lower case now it is working. Thanks very much for your help.