Unanswered: DB2 on z/OS - Adding more space to a tablespace with several partitions

Dear friends,

I am looking for some help. Problem is the following:

I have a tablespace with several partitions (compressed, up to 360 partitions)

Now this tablespace is getting full and I would like to know whether here is someone that knows how I can find a workaround without bringing this tablespace offline.

The IBM documentation says there ...

To add another partition and reorg this tablespace, which would mean the applications would not have access on that tablespace for some time.

Thank you for help in advance.

best regards,

Richmond, VA
    Provided Answers: 5
    You can redefine the limit keys for existing partitions, add additional partitions. The number of partitions may be limited depending on the tablespace specifications you made when first creating the tablespace. You can look up the limits in the manual "tablespace limits". Once you have done that you should be able to perform an ONLINE reorg to resolve. Been awhile since I've done it, you may be forced into at least a read only situation.

Hey Dave, thanks for your answer. I just thought there would be "workaround" to get rid of this problem during an online operation :-/

maybe anyone here knows a trick?