Provided Answers: 5

Answered: Report displaying different behavior for users

I have created a report. On my machine and a few others - the report displays the data and grouping as designed. A couple of other users however get totally different results. The quality of the data is identical but the sorting and grouping is different. Same front end - same connected data I retested again today and redistributed my front end to one particular user and his report again is displaying the results different than mine - anyone seen this
    Dale Houston, TX

2. Best Answer
    Posted by axsprog

"Resolved!

The Cdate function behaves differently on different Office Installs and Os's - don't know why but it does - I tested by writing the query table and making my Cdate table a short date formatted date field and all reports behave the same now - weird but true"

Provided Answers: 22
    I don't see how this is possible.
    You put a label having a version # on the main form, and all persons can see this version#?
    Are you using any add-ins, or references? Different PCs can have different versions?

If all have the same version, it has to run the same.

Provided Answers: 59
    are you specifying the sorting and grouping within the query and or the report?

I have seen this sort of thing if the the sort order is not explicitly defined in the query or if the query is in say a back end and the report is in a front end.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 5
    Resolved!

The Cdate function behaves differently on different Office Installs and Os's - don't know why but it does - I tested by writing the query table and making my Cdate table a short date formatted date field and all reports behave the same now - weird but true
    Dale Houston, TX