Answered: exec xp_cmdshell bcp failing

I have the following bcp (using AdventureWorks2008R2) and it keeps failing. What am I missing?

EXEC xp_cmdshell 'bcp "SELECT Person.FirstName, Person.LastName, EmailAddress.EmailAddress FROM AdventureWorks2008R2.Person.Person join Person.EmailAddress on Person.BusinessEntityID = EmailAddress.BusinessEntityID" queryout C:\Datafiles\Datatest.txt -c -t -S WINSERVER2008 -T'

Is there something else I should include after the "-S"

2. Best Answer
    Posted by Pat Phelan

"BCP would have worked if you had used the -d AdventureWorks2008R2 parameter.

-PatP"

Provided Answers: 54
    That depends on the output of the xp_cmdshell execution and the content of the SQL Server error log.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Answer found

Answer provided by Pat Phelan
    Last edited by SalMinella; 04-29-16 at 23:18.

Provided Answers: 54
    BCP would have worked if you had used the -d AdventureWorks2008R2 parameter.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    That depends on the output of the xp_cmdshell execution and the content of the SQL Server error log.

-PatP

It appears Pat Phelan is correct. I just tried it as you suggested with the "-d AdventureWorks2008R2" and it ran like a charm.