Exclamation Unanswered: New Brilliant database Beta Version 11

New Beta version V11 available at their site. We had been waiting almost three years since V10 but I do not find any impressive additional features.

Provided Answers: 1
    I downloaded the beta. According to the help:

Major Improvements since v10.5

Full Windows 8/10 support
    The software works fine on all Windows 8/10 devices now.

Synchronization with Cloud
    Brilliant Database v11 allows to synchronize your data with WideDB.com online database - now you can work with your data online via mobile phones, Smart TVs and any other device with web-browser.

To start synchronization use the "File - Synchronize with Cloud... menu" menu item.

CSS Support for HTML frames and fields
    Specify custom CSS (Cascade Style Sheet) for Brilliant Database HTML Elements. To edit CSS open the "View - Advanced - CSS" menu item.

QR Codes Printout
    Now it is possible to print text data as QR codes, just check the "Print as QR Code" flag for a field in Report Style Editor.

New actions for HTML Pages
    Now you can easily place a link to a record or to a folder on HTML elements of your database.

Provided Answers: 17
    So little, and so very disappointing.

The Cloud function is completely disabled so there's nothing to even test. Even if it ever works in the future, forcing us to use Brilliant Database's widedb.com service and not a host of our choice is the worst idea ever. I simply cannot recommend the service to any of my clients because I cannot trust my clients data to a company that has the worst track record in history ever when it comes to support and ignoring emails. The terms and conditions of the services are also disgraceful. My clients would never agree to those terms. There's no liability for anything from Brilliant Database.

QR Code function doesn't seem to work at all for me. When I tick the box to generate the QR Code, I only see plain text.

CSS is great, but since Brilliant Database doesn't seems to support any additional html functionality, implementation is still at a dead basic level.

The new html select actions make an existing feature easier for those who don't write html. Fair enough. That's a tiny new feature though.

Listing Windows 8 and 10 support as a major function is very odd as the older v10 has always worked on those operating systems.

Regards
    James.

Even Version 9.42 is working with Windows 10 for me.
    Sometimes it needs a screen refresh (minimize to task bar and resize to original size) but so far not other problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    So little, and so very disappointing.

The Cloud function is completely disabled so there's nothing to even test. Even if it ever works in the future, forcing us to use Brilliant Database's widedb.com service and not a host of our choice is the worst idea ever. I simply cannot recommend the service to any of my clients because I cannot trust my clients data to a company that has the worst track record in history ever when it comes to support and ignoring emails. The terms and conditions of the services are also disgraceful. My clients would never agree to those terms. There's no liability for anything from Brilliant Database.

QR Code function doesn't seem to work at all for me. When I tick the box to generate the QR Code, I only see plain text.

CSS is great, but since Brilliant Database doesn't seems to support any additional html functionality, implementation is still at a dead basic level.

The new html select actions make an existing feature easier for those who don't write html. Fair enough. That's a tiny new feature though.

Listing Windows 8 and 10 support as a major function is very odd as the older v10 has always worked on those operating systems.

Regards
    James.