Unanswered: Need help to write a function in shell scripting to execute sql files

Hi,

I am new to shell scripting and i need to write a automation script to execute sql files. I need to check the table if it is there in system tables and need to write a function to call the .sql files.

For ex. I have a.sql,b.sql,c.sql files, where the sql file contains DELETE and INSERT queries.

I am using Netezza as database.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Samah

Provided Answers: 1
    What command do you use to execute the scripts from the command line? Just replace the ls command in below with your netezza command (the sql to check the system tables should be in your .sql files?).
    Code:
    for f in a.sql b.sql c.sql
    do
      ls -l $f >$f.log 2>&1
    done

Need help to write a function in shell scripting to execute sql files

Hi pdreyer,

Thanks for your reply.

I need to write a function and put it in one shell script.For example my script name is Test.sh then i will be using "nohup Test.sh > test.log>&1 &" to run.

In this Test.sh, I need to write a function to call the .sql files, by using function name i need to call the sql files but i am getting error when i tried with my code . I have 18 files(.sql files) to execute.For example

Runsql a.sql
    Runsql b.sql
    RUn c.sql by passing parameters, here in the above example Runsql is a function name which needs to call the .sql files.

Hope you understand my requirement!

Thanks,
    Samah