Unanswered: Access 2013 - Wizard Freezes for ~30 seconds after each Click Selection

I have been working with Databases since DB III+. Access 2010 pro worked fine. Access 2013 is giving me absolute fits! When I attempt to use the Wizard to create a Command Button or a Combo Box, the Wizard freezes for at least 30 seconds after EVERY Click or Selection. Once created, the Button/Box works just fine. However, I need to build a couple of databases that are "User Friendly" (Read: uses a lot of Buttons), and I don't really want to go insane while doing so. I have read another post that talks about adding a new Trusted File location. Did that. Read another about setting things to Windows 7 Compatibility. Did That. STILL no Joy. Using an x64 machine with 12 GB Ram and 32-Bit Office 2013 Pro. Help me keep what's left of my sanity!!

Provided Answers: 59
    You are not the only oerson with this issue. The problem is the screen repaint of the properties box. It doesnt occur if i start windows and use ONLY Acces. It alwats a problem if I use a browser before or during, and can be a problem with using other software concurrently. Whetther its sn Access probkem or video driver problem or something else I know not.
    If you dont need to set things in the properties box then temporarily turn it off whilst designing forms and reports
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Still no Joy...

Thanks for the advice. However, I cold rebooted my computer and started Access when everything 'settled'. No sidebars, just tried to use the Wizard to add a Command Button. Still same problem. I really need a good answer here - and I am certain I am not alone...