Urgent need of Oracle DBA@ Wilmington, DE : Face to Face interview : : 12+ Months Con
Oracle DBA $50 per hour
In person Interview Required
Overall Job Purpose
Responsible for basic run the engine task, Complex installation, upgrades and license verifications, Plan complex upgrades Fault detection operation, monitoring, troubleshooting, and support of Database Platform infrastructure.
Key Accountabilities & approximate time split (%)
(Ideally 4-10 points, or headings with sub-points. Quantify where possible e.g. cost/income budget, no of subordinates, likely no of yrs/mths to complete longest task. Could note key external/internal lateral relationships)
• Administers database environment and manages performance to ensure sustained achievement of results
• Ensure that Brokerage Firm database systems meet business capacity, availability, and performance requirements
• Apply process and architectural improvements to continually improve the availability, capacity, and performance of Brokerage Firm database systems
• Develop partnerships with business and technology colleagues as well as external vendors
• Communicate appropriately and efficiently with management, customers, and vendors
• Sustain a team-oriented, fast-paced and innovative environment
• Manage the installation, patching, and upgrades to Brokerage Firm database systems.
• Responsible for operational monitoring including system space and resource utilization, security monitoring, and performance tuning.
• Responsible for analysis and capacity management for the data backup and recovery environment including Business Continuity planning.
• 24x7 on call production support
• Software support and administration of system applications bundled with the respective Operating System.
• Provide root cause analysis of production issues, investigation & implementation of security initiatives
• Compliance with all company security policies and procedures
Understand the appropriate Policies & Standards applicable to my role through reading the Code of Conduct and other training allocated to me. Where responsible for risks and controls ensure that these are appropriate and fit for purpose.
- All mandatory training completed to deadline and understood within given timescales.
- Where applicable, all key risks identified, tracked, logged and managed as per the Risk Framework procedures
- Where applicable, all key controls to have identified owners, with audit trail of regular review and maintenance together with supporting records.
Where applicable, all risk events (incidents) or control failures to be escalated, investigated, reported and fixed at root cause to prevent reoccurrence
(Personal attributes essential to performing role: e.g. skills, competencies, expertise, knowledge, experience. Note: experience not to be time-bound)
• Four year college degree 5 + years of Oracle database administration experience along with software installation, upgrades and maintenance.
• Experience and proficiency with backup and recovery procedures
• Experience with database high availability
• Experience with Oracle RAC, RMAN and Dataguard
• Experience with SQL Server, Hadoop and/or MongoDB
• Familiarity with banking requirements for IT preferred
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to display strong sense of urgency
• Strong project management and process engineering skills
• Proactively engaged and address incident prior to impact
• Complete change tasks by following change management process
• Implement code deployments and releases
• Perform technical PVT
• Perform troubleshooting and escalation of production impacting issues
Last edited by garrydawkins; 05-23-16 at 10:25.
Reason: Add rate