Unanswered: Automatically send barcode scanner input to textbox

Hi,

I've reviewed dozens of options/solutions on this and I just can't get it to work.

Simply put, I have a VBA Access that has a textbox where a user can manually type in text or they can use a USB connected barcode scanner (that simulates a keyboard) to capture a UPC.

What I'm trying to do is get the barcode input to get entered into the textbox regardless of which control has the current focus.

thanks alot

Provided Answers: 19
    The scanner, as you said, simply simulates a keyboard...so how would you use the keyboard to enter data into a Textbox, if the Textbox didn't have the Focus?

The answer, of course, is that you couldn't...which I'm sure is the answer, here, as well.

Welcome to dBforums!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Provided Answers: 4
    Hi myear

What do you mean "I have a VBA Access"? Do you built a form with a textbox field?

Considering that's a form, could you explain me more about USB connected barcode scanner? Do you mean that your program can dialog with USB port and receive a streaming data from a scanner?

Provided Answers: 19
    Scanners are, from the PC's point of view, the same as the keyboard. In Access, if you go to a given Textbox, and use the scanner, the data is transmitted to that Textbox, just as if it were entered via the keyboard.

The OP wants to be able to use the scanner, without the appropriate Textbox having Focus, and for Access to know which Textbox to put the data in! This would be no different than having Focus on ControlA, typing data into it, and expecting it to magically appear in ControlB!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007