Unanswered: Shared drive is not visible on Control center while taking backup to the shared drive

Hi,

While taking backup from CLP in Windows environment to shared drive it is successful but when I'm trying to take backup from control center I'm unable to see the shared drive location while specifying the location to take backup.

For eg: shared location is z: but when I'm specifying the backup location at control center it's shows only the server drives i.e (c: and d

Any help ?

Thanks,
    Vinod M
    Last edited by Vinod.mudaliar89; 06-14-16 at 21:55.

Provided Answers: 55

Shared drive is not visible on Control center while taking backup to the shared drive

Hi Mark,

I got your point ,im successful in taking backup using the CLP with the UNC name of the drive but is it possible to take backup using the control center ?

Since when I'm trying to take backup through Control center I'm unable to choose the location as it shows only the server drives by default .

My question is whether we can take backup through Control center to the shared drive...?

Thanks for your reply Mark.

Regards,
    Vinod

Provided Answers: 55
    A shared drive letter may not be visible for the DB2 DAS process, whereas it may be accessible by another process.
    So, the solution is simply not to use shared drive letters.
    Regards,
    Mark.