Provides the highest technical expertise for the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases. Handles and leads the most complex or critical data/ database management initiatives that typically involve multiple disciplines and multiple business groups, including responsibility for database architecture, design, integration, and/or data modeling. As the recognized technical expert, consults extensively with multiple client groups to provide strategic solutions, influencing long-range internal and enterprise-level data/ database architecture and management strategies. Serves as a consultant on technological advancements. Provides oversight, mentoring and leadership to less experienced staff. May represent the organization as an external spokesperson.: 10+ years database design and administration experience.
Job Description: This position is for a senior technical developer/database analyst within the TOG – CTD – FST group. Candidate must have at least 5-8 years of experience working with custom application development with a heavy emphasis on Oracle architecture, design and development. Candidate must possess excellent technical skills and demonstrated ability to follow best practice SDLC methodology. Should also be knowledgeable and have experience working with large scale financial applications in large scale organizations. Candidate must have an analytical, logical thought process for developing project solutions and resolutions to issues. Technical skills should include strong Oracle, PL/SQL, Database Administration, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, and UNIX. Excellent oral and written communication skills are mandatory. Technical certifications and advanced degrees are preferred.
• 6+ years Oracle application development, implementation, data modeling, data tuning and optimization, as well as support experience.
• Analyzed business requirements, designed and wrote technical specifications to create or redesign computer solutions.
• Developed original and/or complex PL/SQL code and provided coding guidance to less experienced staff.
• Modeled, created and tuned database objects, including partitioned tables, views, indexes, packages.
• Planned and coordinated DB space management, worked with storage concepts (Rebuilds, Compression, Logging, Cache)
• Verified program logic by overseeing the preparation of test scripts, test data, testing and debugging of programs. Participated and supported overall systems testing.
• Used source control, automated compilers and deployment tools. Led the production implementation of applications.
• Developed new documentation, participated in the development of department technical procedures and helped design user guides.
• Provided guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
• Played the role of lead support analyst, including triage duties and outage coordination. Acted as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting.
• Assured quality, security and compliance requirements were met for supported area and oversaw updating and testing of the business continuity plan.
• 4+ years of hands on experience in Oracle 12c/11g environment
• Experience in large (2+ TB) database tuning and optimization
• Experience with UNIX shell scripting and Scheduling tools (e.g. Autosys)
• Familiarity with SDLC methodologies, defect tracking (including tools)
• Track record of 2+ full project lifecycle and development, as well as post-implementation support activities
• Excellent verbal and writing skills, including documentation skills
• The ability to work in a multi-tasking team environment. This role supports multiple in-flight development projects at the same time.
Thanks & Keep Smiling
Team Lead - IT Recruitment
Mastech, Inc., 1305 Cherrington Parkway, Building 210, Suite 400, Moon Township, PA 15108