Answered: Enter Paramater Value error - Attached file and Documenter report

Hi,

I have an access report based on a query. I actually copied the report from another access file and modified all the references.

In the access file attached, rptFinalHoursSummary, It first asks for the "Enter Student Id", this is the criteria for the query and this needs to be there. But after I enter a value here for ex, 11770077. Then it asks another Enter Paramater Value pup-up "Student Id#". I am not sure how to remove that. I have also attached the txt file which I got from Database tools --> Database Documenter and extracted this report. Here I searched for the term "Student Id#" and found it on the 87th line of the text file. I am not sure how to remove that from the report.

Any help is appreciated. I am not able to attach the accdb file. How do I attach it? The file can be downloaded here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8v...ew?usp=sharing

Regards
    Goutam
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gmgoutam; 07-07-16 at 16:59.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by ranman256

"you get params for items you don't have in the table
    either the field name is misspelled in the query or report (bad field)
    you are grouping on a bad field
    you are accessing a bad field.

SOMEWHERE in the report or query is a field that does not exist. (Student Id#)
    (I think yours is a sort group in the report)"

Provided Answers: 24
    you get params for items you don't have in the table
    either the field name is misspelled in the query or report (bad field)
    you are grouping on a bad field
    you are accessing a bad field.

SOMEWHERE in the report or query is a field that does not exist. (Student Id#)
    (I think yours is a sort group in the report)

File

It is not a sort field. I have deleted all fields related to Student Id# in the report and add new Student Id fields. I am not still unable to find the Student Id# anywhere in the report. The access file can be downloaded at this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8v...ew?usp=sharing

Provided Answers: 24
    Like I said , its in the report GROUPING in the report. If the report cant find the field, then the groupname is EXPRESSION.
    There is no field for this expression.

Thank you! I was able to find it out in the grouping.