\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n Hi,
\r\n
\r\nI have a report that I export from Access to Excel. Before I do that I need to generate a query in Access that have a connection with an Informix database. When I ask to run the query a pop up ask for login/password.
\r\nHow can I automate this?
\r\nOr how can I create a string connection so when I run the query the connection with the server is already stabilish?
\r\n
\r\nI tried this:
\r\n
\r\nPrivate Sub testConection()
\r\nDim cn As New ADODB.Connection
\r\n
\r\nDoCmd.SetWarnings False
\r\n
\r\n
\r\nSet cn = New ADODB.Connection
\r\n
\r\n
\r\ncn.ConnectionString = "DRIVER={OpenLink Generic 32 Bit Driver v4.0};DNS=CMS;_ServerType=Informix 2000;Host=10.187.0.24;Port=5000;Database=;FetchBuf ferSize=30;NoLoginBox=No;Proto
\r\ncol=TCP/IP;ReadOnly=No;ServerOptions=;DeferLongFetch=Yes;T ABLE=root_hsplit;Uid=***user**
\r\n*;PASSWORD=***password***"
\r\ncn.Open
\r\n
\r\nDoCmd.OpenQuery "01 - Criar base skill", acViewNormal, acRead
\r\n
\r\ncn.Close
\r\n
\r\nEnd Sub
\r\n
\r\nThe Access file open without password, the password is asked when I call the query.
\r\n
\r\nThanks!
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[6650283] = '\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n begooden-it is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n Registered User\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    Provided Answers: 1
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Hi
    \n
    \n
    \nsupposedly, you have to create an ODBC system data source for Informix thru MS ODBC Administrator
    \nIn the Connection tab, you\'ll have to specify
    \nserver Name = name of the informix instance ( ask your DBA)
    \nHost name = host name of the informix server (make sure you have access to it)
    \nservice = port number of informix instance ( ask your DBA )
    \nprotocol = olsoctcp
    \noptions = Ask you DBA if necessary ( CLIENT_LOCALE etc...)
    \ndatabase Name = name of the db you want to access
    \nuser id = name of your user id
    \npasswd = password of this ID.
    \n
    \nWatch out: your user ID+hostname ( name of your PC) must be authenticated by your DBA on the Informix SERVER
    \n
    \nHope this helps
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[6644073] = "6650283,6650283"; pn[0] = ",6644073"; pn[6650283] = "6644073,6644073"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[363595] = "paranation"; pu[276746] = "begooden-it"; // -->

Threaded View

Unanswered: Access connect to Informix database

Hi,

I have a report that I export from Access to Excel. Before I do that I need to generate a query in Access that have a connection with an Informix database. When I ask to run the query a pop up ask for login/password.
      How can I automate this?
      Or how can I create a string connection so when I run the query the connection with the server is already stabilish?

I tried this:

Private Sub testConection()
      Dim cn As New ADODB.Connection

DoCmd.SetWarnings False

Set cn = New ADODB.Connection

cn.ConnectionString = "DRIVER={OpenLink Generic 32 Bit Driver v4.0};DNS=CMS;_ServerType=Informix 2000;Host=10.187.0.24;Port=5000;Database=;FetchBuf ferSize=30;NoLoginBox=No;Proto
      col=TCP/IP;ReadOnly=No;ServerOptions=;DeferLongFetch=Yes;T ABLE=root_hsplit;Uid=***user**
      *;PASSWORD=***password***"
      cn.Open

DoCmd.OpenQuery "01 - Criar base skill", acViewNormal, acRead

cn.Close

End Sub

The Access file open without password, the password is asked when I call the query.

Thanks!