Unanswered: VBA Code To Automatically Load Relevant Switchboard Based Upon The User, Access 2010

Dear all,

I'm using MS Access 2010. I've created a file wherein I've created a form for a user login with password. I've created different switchboards for different users. I also have a users table against which I've mapped switchboard IDs. Now I want to write a macro so that once the user enters his user id followed by password, the file should automatically load the switchboard relevant to the user.

Thus I will be able to define different levels of users having different types of rights to work within the database.

However, I am not able to properly write code for the same. Presently, it only loads the default switchboard irrespective of the user. Can someone help me? I can email the file to you for complete reference.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks & Regards,
    Nachiket Pendharkar

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by nachiketdp View Post

...I want to write a macro so that once the user enters his user id followed by password, the file should automatically load the switchboard relevant to the user...

...Presently, it only loads the default switchboard irrespective of the user...
    First off, few experienced Access developers use Embedded Macros...they simply aren't flexible enough...but this can be done using VBA code!

Perhaps if you could post the code you're currently attempting to accomplish this task with we could work up some code for you.

Even better, though, would be for you to

1. Remove any confidential data
    2. Zip up your file
    3. Attach the Zip file to a post here

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007