Unanswered: My Access Database Keeps Crashing while a Copy of the Same Database on other PCs Work

I really hope someone kind enough would help me solve this problem.
    Basically, we have a Front End Access Database and 4 of us use it on 4 seperate PCs. Each one of us have separate copy of the Same Database and we all use same backend on our server.
    On three PCs when we start the database, they do close now and again but once we are logged in then it stays on with no problem. However, on one PC which is also windows 7 professional with access 2010, as soon as we start the database, and work on it for lets say 5 minutes, it crashes. It happens
    when I want to raise an invoice. However, it never closes if I raise an invoice on any other PC using the same Front End.

Below is the Error Message when I wanted to view the error:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: MSACCESS.EXE
    Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014
    Application Timestamp: 4542815c
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_d155
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
    Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000ce753
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: d155
    Additional Information 2: d1559930fe71ce1052f357b32928b16e
    Additional Information 3: 7edf
    Additional Information 4: 7edf2bf1a85af99cde8c07a6d1ff71c9

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

You would save my life for sorting this out please!!!
    Emi-UK
    Love begets Love, Help Begets Help

Provided Answers: 59
    if it works fine on 3 devices, but crashes on the other, then its almost certainly a corruption issue. my guess is a corruption of the Access/ Office installation
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Hi Healdem,
    Thank you for your response. I did reinstall Access and installed again but having still the same issue?
    Emi-UK

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Emal View Post

Basically, we have a Front End Access Database and 4 of us use it on 4 seperate PCs. Each one of us have separate copy of the Same Database and we all use same backend on our server.
    So...each user has a copy of the Front End on his/her PC? They're not, by chance, copying the File from a shared drive to their machine and then opening Access?

Have you tried copying the Front End file from a working machine then using it to replace the errant copy?

The situation not only smells of corruption, but smells of corruption of a certain type, i.e. corruption caused by sharing a Front End in a multi-user environment!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Hi Missingling,
    Thank you for your resopnse.
    So...each user has a copy of the Front End on his/her PC?
    Yes,
    They're not, by chance, copying the File from a shared drive to their machine and then opening Access?
    No

Have you tried copying the Front End file from a working machine then using it to replace the errant copy?
    Yes

from the error prodcued by that PC, which i have shared on this post, can you think of a solution?
    Emi-UK

Provided Answers: 59
    It may not just be an access / office installation. Admittedly not an office product we had issues with a specific PC running a specific pieve of software. It turned out we had a rogue system DLL.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I would take a look at the task manager and see if you are running out of resources on the machine with the problem. A second issue might be something running that is not playing well with other program's. As in overwriting memory. Anyway check the add-ins installed. And keep an eye on you task manager see if you have a miss behaving app.

Hi,

Can you post the code with one you try to copy the FE database ?

Argy