Unanswered: VBA for check boxes in a combo box

Does anyone have VBA code to make a combo box a multi-value field, with check boxes for all the possible values?

Provided Answers: 59
    ?
    A check box has two possibly 3 values, no more.
    Yes/no or null.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

MSDN article

You are correct with the check box possibilities. However, that does not answer what I am asking for. I am looking to recreate what is in this article: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...ad=US&fromAR=1

I cannot get the instructions to work, which may be user error, so I thought I would see if there is a VBA option.

Provided Answers: 59
    sorry can't help you
    multivalued fields are an abomination, I don't use 'em. virtually every app I see usign them hits major problemsd down the road. design the schema properly
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 19
    And just so you know...this is not just healdem's opinion, but one that is held by the vast majority of experienced Access developers! Since v2007, the Boys of Redmond have been gradually adding features that, essentially, fly in the face of some of the cardinal rules of Relational Databases! One of these rules is commonly referred as the 'atomic rule,' i.e. 'one-piece of data to one field!' In other words, you don't list multiple workers, in a Single Field of a Single Record, or multiple equipment parts, etc., in a Single Field of a Single Record.

When the occasion arises where, for example, you need to assign multiple workers to a given project, you use two Tables, in a one-to-many relationship. A Main Form tied to the Project Table, with project specific data...except for the employees assigned...and a Subform tied to a Project Employee Table, with a Record for each employee assigned to the project.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007