Lightbulb Unanswered: Database Updating

Hello All,

For anyone that can answer, I have a two part question. First, I have a database that has front end users that I need to be able to update whenever I make changes to my back end, so I am looking for an efficient method that will do this for me. Secondly, If I change the structure of my database, such as, adding or deleting columns, what will the effect be on my archived data?

I am relatively new to database design so I may have follow up questions that may come as a result. I will try to ask smart questions that it won't be too confusing so bare with me, but thanks in advance to everyone taking the time to help me down this road.

Provided Answers: 5
    1 thing I have done is put a batch file in there startup folder to copy from server to there local drive

Off the Top of head now

what about creating a msaccess frount end just a Button menu displaying you msaccess programs to run

that msaccess would check the database see if the user frount need to be copied from the server and replace before open it.

[quote]
    Secondly, If I change the structure of my database, such as, adding or deleting columns, what will the effect be on my archived data?
    [\quote]

Q. how the archived data know what columns are delete.
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.