Thread: Text Color

Exclamation Unanswered: Text Color

Good Morning everyone,
    I have a dilemma that I have come across that I can’t figure out and hoping someone with greater knowledge can assist. I have an access database that has a form that generates an auto email that I need to have changed. I have located the code for the email but figure out how to edit the text to change the font color to a line of text and to do indentions. Below is what I have:
    If RequestCategory = "sds" Then
    varSubject = "Your Request has been Processed for " & [SiteProductLocation]
    VarReport = "RptCompletedSDSEmail"
    varBody = "</h5>" & [POCFirst] & " " & [POCLast] & ",</P></h5><br/>" & _
    "Please review the attached copy of your request and verify that there are no follow-up actions required. </P></h5><br/>" & _
    "The request can also be accessed " & _
    "<A href='https://vaww.cmopnational.va.gov/cmop/CEOSH/msds/DASHBOARD/NEW/tool/Lists/Requests/Status%20of%20My%20Request.aspx'> here. </A></SPAN><br/><br/>" & _
    "</h5> Please Note:</P></h5><br/>" & _
    "Complete Status = No Action Required, Product has been associated per your request.</P></h5><br/>" & _
    "Cancelled Status = Additional Information Required, Product SDS could not be located (see attachment for comment). </P></h5><br/>" & _
    "</h5>Your feedback is valuable; please complete our <A href=" & _
    "'https://vaww.cmopnational.va.gov/cmop/CEOSH/msds/DASHBOARD/NEW/tool/Lists/SDSChemical%20Inventory%20Service%20Customer%20Fee dback%20Su/NewForm.aspx?Source=https%3a//vaww.cmopnational.va.gov/cmop/CEOSH/msds/DASHBOARD/NEW/tool/'>survey</A></SPAN>" & _
    " that will take less than 1 minute.</P></h5><br/>" & _
    "</h5>" & [AssignedTo]

I have an access database that has a form that generates an auto email that I need to have changed.
    Change of font Color is demonstrated on your above quoted text with html code:

<p>I have an <font color="Red" size="4"><b>access database</b></font> that has a form that generates an auto email that I need to have changed.</p>

Enclose the highlighted html code around the Text you want to change. Here, access database will show up in 'Red' color, font size=4 and the text in Bold style. Color codes are normally expressed in hex number: color="#FF0000" for red, "#00FF00" - Green, "#0000FF" - Blue etc. But it is easy to use the color names: Black,Red,Green,Blue,Cyan,Yellow,Magenta. Decrease size number that suites your requirements.

<p></p> - full text of a paragraph is written between these codes.
    <b></b> - text written within this codes will appear in Bold.
    <i></i> - uses for italics.
    <font></font> - Text within this codes changes based on font-color, size and other style parameters specified.

I am not sure whether this will work within your email text. You may try and find out yourself.

good luck.
    www.MsAccessTips.com (Learn MS-Access Tips & Tricks)
    Learn Advanced MS-Access Programming with sample VBA Code.

All responses are based on Access 2003/2007