Provided Answers: 1

Answered: Goldmine 4.00.9922 & MSAccess 2007 Compatibility Feature

Hi,

I have been scouring everywhere for any information regarding a compatibility feature in the outdated Goldmine 4.00.9922 September 1999 version and MSAccess 2007.

Please don't ask me how or why I am stuck running these applications - I cannot upgrade, nor will my daydream of deleting the databases happen. I am just stuck with it and I did not build it.

To the best of my understanding, back in the day when this was the "latest and greatest" - there was a compatibility feature between GM & MSAccess. Today, the newer versions of GM, (to the best of my knowledge), interact with some MS Office applications, but not MSAccess like it used to.

I need to understand this old compatibility feature - but the applications are so outdated that I cannot find much of anything specific to these versions.

Does anyone have any additional information or know any websites in which will help me with this en-devour?

The database now requires updates and I'd like /anything/ reference AT ALL. I'd even take a very old website that says "yes there is a compatibility feature".

Thank you to anyone who has anything to help!

2. Best Answer
    Posted by CrazyPerson

"I was able to track down people who worked here around the time the database was built.

The coding is actually for DDE.

Microsoft Access 2007 was DDE compatible, and that is how it was opening and closing the Goldmine Database after establishing a Channel Number."

Provided Answers: 1

DDE (Dynamic Database Exchange)

I was able to track down people who worked here around the time the database was built.

The coding is actually for DDE.

Microsoft Access 2007 was DDE compatible, and that is how it was opening and closing the Goldmine Database after establishing a Channel Number.