Hi All,

We are in the process of migrating our EBS R12.1.3 system onto new hardware. The current o/s is Solaris 10. The new server has Solaris 11. As recommended by Oracle, we used the standard cloning method to achieve this process and have nearly completed our first test migration.

We have however hit an issue whereby when starting the web tier services, Apache fails to start with a 204 error code. It refers to another log file which has the error: 'Can't stat executable /u01/DBA/inst/apps/DBA_svt-ebsapp08/ora/10.1.3/Apache/Apache/bin/.apachectl' (and yes it really does say 'stat'. I think that is an Oracle typo).

This is the first time I have ever encountered the .apachectl hidden file and having looked around the internet, I can find rare instances of this file being mentioned. All I know is that it is a binary file which I think calls apachectl.sh.

I would really appreciate any assistance anyone can give. To be honest, even if anyone can advise what this file does or give any info to help direct us, it would be much appreciated as Oracle themselves appear to know less than I at this stage.

I'll attach the logs just in case anyone is interested. Thanks ;-)